If you are considering becoming a massage therapist, you probably already know that there are many benefits of a massage therapy career. Learn more about the massage therapy field and find out what makes this career so rewarding at our free massage class March 19th!
The best way to find out is to have a hands-on experience before enrolling in massage school. This FREE Intro to Massage Class can help you decide if a massage therapy career is in your future.
In our intro class you’ll learn more about the massage industry and careers, as well as what it’s like to be a massage therapist. You’ll also learn about massage techniques, and we’ll tell you about our curriculum and approach to massage therapy.
Attending an intro class will also give you an opportunity to see our school first-hand. You can also schedule a separate personal tour of the school and get any questions answered that you may have and lunch will be provided.
Here's just a few considerations when thinking about massage therapy as a career path:
1. Massage therapists graduate with the skills they need to get a job right away. Massage therapy school involves a lot of hands-on training. By the time massage therapy students graduate, they have enough practical experience to work at spas, hospitals, clinics, or even out of their own homes.
2. Massage therapists are licensed professionals. Most states including Pennsylvania require massage therapists to be licensed. To become a licensed massage therapist, one must complete a certification or degree program at a massage therapy school like the Academy of Massage therapy & Bodyworks. Massage therapy has become a respected profession over the years because of the strict requirements for becoming a massage therapist.
3. Massage therapists have the option to work in exciting locations. Tourist spots and cruise ships all over the world employ massage therapists making this a great occupation for those who enjoy working in exotic locations.
4. Massage therapists can set their own hours. Many massage therapists are self-employed allowing them to set appointments around their own schedule. Being able to make your own schedule can be a huge advantage.
5. Massage therapists work in relaxing environments. Massage therapists spend their working hours in a peaceful environment. The ambiance makes it a relaxing experience for both the client and the massage therapist.
6. Massage therapists help people. Massage therapists provide an invaluable service to people who are in pain, recovering from injuries, or experiencing stress. Massage therapy speeds up the healing process, improves circulation, and can even restore emotional balance.
7. Clients look forward to seeing their massage therapist. People look forward to getting massages, whether the reason is medicinal, therapeutic, or just a special occasion. Unlike going to the dentist or doctor, seeing a massage therapist is a positive experience associated with feeling good.
8. Massage therapists are physically active. Massage therapists work on their feet and engage their entire body when giving a massage. This physically demanding work can help massage therapists stay in great shape.
9. Licensed massage therapists are in high demand. Because the value of massage therapy is becoming more widely-recognized, job growth over the next decade is predicted to grow considerably according to the U.S.Bureau of Labor Statistics. New massage therapy jobs are constantly being created.
10. Massage therapists can become their own boss. A large percentage of massage therapists are self-employed. Many work out of their homes or travel to clients’ homes.
Call us today at 610-705-4401 to register for our FREE massage therapy class. This class is March 19, 2017 from 9am-3pm and will be taught by Jim Funk, LMT. Lunch is included. The class will be held at the Academy of Massage Therapy & Bodyworks, 141 E. High St., Pottstown, PA 19464.